Monday, September 21, 2009

LIfe Theory- your world

So I have mentioned before, I believe, my 'thinking topics'. Well, I have one from awhile back that seems apt again recently. That theme is 'YOUR WORLD'.

The thought is this:
Everyone has their own world that they live in. In some realities, something is completely normal, where in others, the same thing is INSANE!
I shouldn't put my normal example on the internet, so I will use an alternate example. Right now in 'my world' it is normal to stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning. That which is normal in my reality is insane in someone elses. They may think, WHO stays up until 3 in the morning. That is not their reality. In their world, maybe they work at 6 in the morning. In 'My world', that would be insane.

This could be applied to ANYTHING. Everybody has their own world that they live in and react to things in, the question is how do you react in other people's realities?

I developed this 'thinking topic' before I started to do improv, but it is completely compatible. If someone is in a scene, and does something CRAZY... well, maybe it is not so crazy if that is the reality. If that is the world they live in, then it is normal.

For example: Somebody scene paints Georgia with a forked tongue. That doesn't mean that Alan has to comment on it. Maybe it is just normal in that reality.

Conversely, maybe Alan is clinging to a reality where that is NOT normal. If that is the case, rather than accepting the weirdness of the forked tongue, he points out how weird it is. How snakelike, and how much he hates snakes. (all the while forming emotional connections, meaningful relationships, not talking about stuff, raising the stakes, non-denial, yes-and.ing, and trying to find the game) :D


SO yeah... What is normal in YOUR WORLD but weird in MINE?

No comments: