Saturday, May 9, 2009

Imp- hearsals of the past part 1

Roving Imp Rehearsal: (04-23-09)
The first half of rehearsal was with Omega Directive. I LOVE playing with those guys.(part of why I am sad about John's new structuring plan...) Each time I play with the Omega folks I can feel myself stretching and thinking of new things to do and different ways to play. In that rehearsal, I played the straight man in a world full of monsters. T played the principal monster. This was an amazing example of how when you come on with a physicality or character, that you don't (and in fact, shouldn't) change your character when it is named something you were not expecting. (like a principal in a high school) I tried to not make every scene about conflict, but found that difficult. I did not initiate the conflict most times, and I don't think that EVERY scene was about conflict.
The long form was fun and satisfying! The second half, Omega left and RI folks played the games. They were fun and all went okay, Understudy was exceptional. I used to really really dislike that game. It is still not my favorite, but I don't despise it any longer.
Mega Nugget from rehearsal:
- come in with a physicality or character and STICK WITH IT. Funny-ness ensues.

~jewels

No comments: